Monday, October 4, 2010

Hello from the Fog

Well, last week was a bit too warm, no? Not to worry, I had to bundle up with mittens and scarf for my walk this morning. In case all four of you are wondering, I'm still around, and still want to blog about the Sunset. In fact, I see that I have five draft posts just awaiting a couple more photos or a little research.

***

Have you seen the new Ocean Beach Bulletin? "News and opinion from San Francisco's western edge". Check it out to keep up with events and learn some history.

***

Speaking of history, Frank Dunnigan's Streetwise column in August featured Irving Street memories. The nagging question of what type of gas station was at 16th and Irving was answered, it was a Mohawk.

***

I have a couple named apartments to add to the list:


The Georgia Lee Apartments on Taraval (the building to the right is identical, but that name has been removed from the plaque.)


and the La Playa Apartments:


That reminds me, a reader remembered delivering newspapers on Cutler and thought the building on the northwest corner had a name. I went and checked, but couldn't find one.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Welcome back, and yes, please do finish those posts!